Saturday, May 23, 2015

Simple Macaroni and Squash Soup

We visited my doctor and he advised us to intake foods that are soups and can be easily swallowed. He advised to stay out from hard, crunchy, and chewy dishes that may harm my recovery. Well, as usual, I am not worried from myself but I am concerned again what will I cook so that my daughter will also take additional nourishment through proper eating.

As I opened my fridge, I can still see my leftover pieces of squash and elbow macaroni. Hmmm, some of the corner eatery serves macaroni soup but this time, I need to invent something that is good and high in vitamin A.


Thank God I still have stock in my cabinet and I soon decided to start preparing for the macaroni and squash soup.

My ingredients:
meat, any meat will do, minced
squash bits, just enough to flavor the soup
250 grams of macaroni elbow
1 can or 154 ml of evaporated creamer
spring onions
cooking oil
garlic and onion, minced
salt and pepper to taste

 My preparations:
  1. Boil water in a pot and cook the elbow macaroni, set aside.
  2. Heat another pan and pour cooking oil just enough to sauté the spices.
  3. Add garlic, let it partially brown then add the onions stirring until it become tranluscent.
  4. Add the meat, continue to stir and let it brown.
  5. Toss the squash bits and let it soften. Mash some of the portions to give a different texture on the soup.
  6. Then pour it the evaporated creamer and bring to boil.
  7. Season it with salt and pepper according to your taste.
  8. Add the cooked macaroni and spring onions.
Cooking this soup is very easy and does not take much of your time. I cooked this almost 15 to 20 minutes. Of course, to expedite cooking, ingredients must be prepared in advance. I usually cut up my ingredients and store them in the fridge for a while until it is time to prepare another meal.

My kid loves this dish not knowing that it contains vegetables :-)

Sometimes, I make this soup creamier by adding 1 tablespoon of heavy cream.

Try this at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Go and write up!

Do you want to spend time with people that really matter?