Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Natural Cure for Sleepless Nights

Feeling Insomniac? Tired of sleeplessness? Try my proven methods.

For several weeks, I am unable to get a sound sleep. It’s just like every time I lay on my bed, my eyelids don’t drop easily. I don’t feel tired anymore and even I stressed myself just to have the sleep, I still found myself awake. At 3:00 AM, my eyes automatically drop and lulled to sleep. But hey, this is not healthy anymore!

After trying and researching alternatives, I have discovered my own solution for my wakefulness.



Of course, this does not include the cavernous causes of restlessness like thoughts for something important or thinking for someone, excessive wariness, etc. This is for purely stress related and plainly unable to get a sound snooze.

I have learned that in order to acquire relax and restful sleep, you must first calm your nerves and cool your senses.

If you sleep early, have a four hours allowance before going to bed. It also means four hours of accomplishing the natural remedies.

1.Take a warm bath before eating dinner. Pour eucalyptus oil in the tub; enjoy the aroma and fresh chill on your skin. The eucalyptus oil helps rejuvenate skin, reduce body temperature, removes mental exhaustion, and relief to muscle pains.

2.Eat less at supper time. Ideal food is fruits and vegetables. Drink at least one large glass of lukewarm full cream milk. A glass of milk contains L-tryptophan, an amino acid that is a natural sleep inducer. Avoid any carbonated or caffeine drinks like soda, tea, and coffee during the last 4 hours before going to bed.

3.Read a book for about 30 minutes just enough to down the eyelids.

4.Listen to a classical or instrumental music to lull down your senses. You can also buy cd’s at store where there are specially made music for insomniacs.

5.Get a massage. You can actually ask help from your spouse or partner or family members to do smooth, gentle, and slow strokes at your back. Full body massage is much better.

6.Light a scented candle during the number 3 to 5 activities.

7.Keep your bed fresh and comfortable. Avoid a luminous object in your bedroom and keep it well ventilated.


If my natural remedies don’t work for you, it’s time to see a doctor. I know they prescribed medicines to help you sleep but keep in mind that drugs should be the last option.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Chamomile is also known as camomile and ground apple. Its flowers are used as a tranquilizer. This is one of the world's best selling herbal remedies, probably because of the many people who suffer from anxiety, stress and insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear,
      Thanks for that, will make sure I will try some! :)
      BTW, am back from being long inactive for almost 4 years now. More posts to come :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Go and write up!

Do you want to spend time with people that really matter?